Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Uppuma Kozhukattai/Pidi Kozhukattai/balanced diet Kozhukattai

 
 
 
This dish is my first dish I made at home when I started to learn cooking.Infact this is a modified version .During my school days my mom used to make uppuma very often(as it is very easy to make) and I got so bugged up with the rava uppuma..It was at that time I tried making Kozhukattais with the uppuma and it turned out so good and tasted well with the hot hot tomato chutney.
 
The recipe that I had given is the one that we have as a breakfast at our home.It is a sort of balanced diet food  with rice,dhal,vegetables.It is not a heavy one and also a very healthy breakfast.Now a days most of the restaurants sell this kozhukattais.It can also be served as a healthy snack to the kids with the modification in the shape...
 
Thought of posting it during the chaturthi recipes..It is commonly called uppuma kozhukattai or Pidi Kozhikattai.
 
We don't make it on ganesh chaturthi ,but few people make this kozhukattai also(exclude the onion part if u are keeping it in the neiveithiyam)on the special occasion.
 
Please press READ MORE below to get into the recipe of this delicious dish..
 

 
 
 
 
 
 

 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment