Monday, December 10, 2012

Aviyal/Avial



I had not tasted aviyal till I got married .Of course had heard about it but didn't have a chance to taste it.HH likes this traditional brahmin style aviyal  a lot ,But I don't like aviyal at all!!!.I use to wonder how can it be a sidedish for an Adai..
Since HH liked it much I was intended to learn the process of making it.When compared to other sidedishes the method of preparation of this aviyal is very easy and doesn't take much of our time.As the dish calls for much of coconut grinded I don't make very often at home.
 
HH likes to have curd with all food...esp with Dosa,Idly,Uppuma,Roti etc..After my marriage it was very odd for me to take curd with dosa.I can have curd separately but not with dosa!!May be the people who love curd will love to have this aviyal.As we add curd to this dish,it cannot stay good for more hours.Moreover reheating the dish reduces the flavour of the dish and sometimes it may cause the curd to cuddle!!!
 
 
For the recipe pls press READ MORE Below...

 
 
 
PROCEDURE:
 
 


Cut the vegetables of 2 inches size.Cook all the vegetables three fourths..See to it that the vegetables don't get mashed.I cooked all the vegetables at a time...Add turmeric powder to the vegetable mixture and cook it.Add less amount of water that is enough for the vegetables to cook.
 
Make green chillies,jeera and coconut into a paste.
 
 
Add the grinded mixture,salt to the cooked vegetables.Mix well.Boil it for sometime till the raw smell goes off.Care should be taken so that the vegetables don't get smashed.
Heat coconut oil and add curry leaves.
 
 
Then add the curry leaves to the gravy.
Finally switch off the stove and then add the thick curd.Mix well and serve it with hot rice or with Adai
 
 

1 comment: